Terms & Conditions
By making a booking at Beaupre Farm and Cottage, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and accepted the Terms, Conditions and Policies set out on this website in various places; and, most particularly, that you have read this section: TERMS & CONDITIONS.
We hope you enjoy exploring the farm’s coastal tracks, billabongs, streams, beach and waterways. While every effort has been taken to ensure your safety, Beaupre Farm is a working farm and the work sheds and farm equipment located near the main entrance of the property are not to be accessed. Please also be aware that most fences are electrified resulting in a nasty shock if touched.
Please be advised that you enter Beaupre Farm at your own risk and we will not accept liability of any kind whatsoever should you be injured in any way on farm property.
In your travels around the property and beyond, be mindful of:
- Uneven and/or rough ground
- Large unfenced dams and billabongs which have uneven depths with soft muddy bottoms and slopes
- Snakes during warmer months. The main food for snakes is the frogs found near water holes. Snakes are generally not aggressive, but should you see one then please move away slowly and leave the animal alone.
- Falling limbs from trees either during windy weather, after storms or during dry spells
- Close gates – please leave all gates open or closed as found to prevent stock escaping or getting trapped without access to water.
To minimise injury to yourself or your family:
- Please wear appropriate shoes
- Wear a hat and sunscreen
- Use the safety devices provided when using our sports equipment including bike helmets and safety vests, life jackets and paddle straps.
- Our kayaks have enclosed hulls where one sits atop the kayak.
- According to Tasmania’s Marine and Safety site: (https://www.mast.tas.gov.au/recreational/paddle-safe-program/kayak-canoe/):
- You need to wear the personal floatation device and the tethering device provided.
- The kayaks are not to be used after dark or away from our sheltered bay.
- Wind: Wind will slow paddling down and the extra effort required will tire you more quickly than normal. Also think about offshore winds – don’t get blown away from shore.
- Waves: Waves can be larger than expected and can change in size depending on water depth. Stay close to the shoreline or riverbank where possible and don’t venture too close to cliffs with rebounding waves.
- Tides: Tides can be strong and having to paddle against the tide can make you tire quickly. Tidal flow against the wind direction will make waves steeper and water choppier. Plan your paddle according to tides.
- Cold Water: Tasmanian water temperatures can get as low as 9 degrees Celsius. Hypothermia can affect you and its onset will be rapid if you end up in water this cold. Even summer water temperatures can induce hypothermia.
- If you are not confident in your ability or your craft is not suitable for the prevailing conditions, then don’t go out.
- While not Tasmanian a great guide is: https://www.sa.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0004/6196/kayak-and-canoe-safety-handbook.pdf
Know the location of the First-aid kit
Fires: A fire extinguisher and fire blanket are located in the kitchen. During your initial welcome we will show you the farm’s bush fire survival plan. Each day in summer we will post on the cottage notice board the bush fire risk category.
Our assembly or muster point is located near the orchard seat.
If you have any concerns during your stay, please do not hesitate to talk with us.
Beaupre Cottage is not a party or event venue.
To ensure peaceful enjoyment of Beaupre for us, our other guests and our neighbours (who are our friends) we have a strict "no party" policy.
Should this fundamental condition of occupancy be breached by you and/or the property is left in a dirty, damaged or unreasonably untidy state at the conclusion of your booking (to be determined by us at our sole discretion), you will be charged a cleaning fee of a minimum of $500, plus the full replacement cost of any damaged or lost items of equipment and/or furnishings.
Your visitors are welcome during the day but should unauthorised guest(s) stay overnight, you will be charged an extra $100 per night per person at our sole discretion.
Beaupre cottage is a timber building surrounded by pine chip mulch. We therefore have a strict no smoking and no candle policy within the cottage area.
In addition, to prevent fires during the bushfire season smoking on the property is prohibited between 1st November to 31st March.
At our sole discretion, we will charge $500 for a cleaning & deodorising fee if the interior cottage non-smoking condition is ignored. Guests who smoke in the cottage will be asked to check out immediately, and a $500 charge will be applied to your credit card. This amount is to cover the cleaning charges incurred in rendering the cottage smoke-free for subsequent guests.
We have a beautiful friendly working farm dog and various other farm animals. Whilst your pet may be well trained our pets and animals may get somewhat distracted or distressed around other people’s pets.
We therefore regret not being able to accommodate your animal friends.
We welcome responsible children of all ages
While you are responsible for all personal items, we know things can get mislaid when time to leave.
Items left behind after your departure can be returned to you at your expense.
We respect your privacy while browsing our website and are committed to protecting your privacy as an online visitor to our website.
You may change your details at any time by advising us in writing via email.
Why do we collect your personal information?
Collecting your information is essential for us to provide our products and services to you.
It also helps us to understand your needs, enabling us to provide you with a greater quality of service. We may use personal information collected from you for the purpose of providing you with direct marketing material, updates regarding our website, updates about our services and information in the form of an email.
How do we collect personal information?
We may collect information on or through this website that can personally identify you. We only collect information when you knowingly provide it. Collection may include requesting information by phone, filling out an online form on our website or emailing us your details. If you wish to cease receiving any such information you may let us know either by email and your request will be actioned immediately.
Do we disclose your personal information to anyone?
We may disclose your personal information where you have consented to us doing so. We may need to disclose certain information, which may include your Personal Data, to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, in the course of a legal proceeding or in response to a law enforcement agency request. We will not disclose your personal details to a third party except the necessary information required by providers of products or services you have purchased or to protect the rights, property or safety of our business, our customers or third parties.
Is your personal information up-to-date?
It is important that the personal information we collect is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You can update the information by contacting us at any time or to tell us if your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete.
Is your personal information secure?
We take all reasonable precautions to safeguard your personal information from misuse, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. All data resides in a tightly controlled, secure data center. This means information about the identity and preferences of individual members is strongly protected against unauthorised access. We will maintain safeguards to protect the security of these servers and your personal information.
Can you access your personal information?
You may request access to the information we hold about you by contacting us by email. We may be required by law to retain your personal information after you have ceased your relationship with us.
Does your personal information leave the country?
We do not send personal information outside the country unless to do so is authorised by law.
What about sensitive information?
Sensitive information can be about racial or ethnic origin, membership of a profession or trade, personal health or other personal information. We do not collect any such sensitive information.
We constantly review our policies and procedures to keep up-to-date with changes in law, technology and the needs of our guests and we may change this policy from time to time.
Cancellations made less than 14 calendar days of the booked arrival date incurs a 100% cancellation penalty (that is, there will be no refund of your booking payment/tariff.)
For example: if your booking commences on December 4th in any year and you do not try to cancel until after November 20th - that is, inside 14 days of your arrival - then your booking payment /tariff will not be returned.
If you cancel your stay earlier than 14 calendar days - i.e. outside 14 days of your arrival - then your booking fee/tariff will be returned less 10% administration fee.
For example: if your booking commences on December 1st but you cancel on, say, 16th of November, or earlier, then 90% of your booking payment/tariff will be refunded to you.
If you do not arrive on the day of your booking, no repayment of the booking fee/tariff will be made.
We encourage you to purchase travel insurance to cover any unforeseen circumstances.
* COVID-19: Should you have to cancel your stay due to the official closure of interstate borders we will refund your booking in full.